Hello Paper Artists March 2023
This post is to show you the Before & After pics to give you some ideas on how to use these images from Ephemera Stacked & Collages M544.
I took 6 of the images from Collection M544 & decided to play with them as only a paper crafter can. The video shows the images before & after they have been played with. All images are foam mounted.
1. Image on M544-2: Framed in black cardstock & foam mounted on ivory cardstock; highlights using a black sparkle nail polish on the paper, 2 clips & pin; white frame from frame packet; a twisted piece of old paper; vintage ephemera framed in black cardstock tucked into a corner.
2. Image on M544-6: Double framed in cream & black cardstock & then foam mounted on black. 2 clock hands from a transparency are double foam mounted on the largest clock image; a clock charm is foam mounted on the top left corner image &, and just for fun a tiny flower is used to balance all.
3. Images on M544-7: this was the first image that I did & used all 4 on this paper. '175' image matted on cardboard & then foam mounted on brown cardstock. Clear nail polish was painted on the bottom right black swirl to make it shine; a thin piece of black cardstock was glued to the left side of the brown image & a key charm glued on; the side of the folder ephemera was slit & a clip inserted with a hanger charm attached; ‘175’ was cut from the other sheet & foam mounted.
4. Image on M544-7: ‘Vintage; was cut from the other sheet & foam mounted on the vintage corner; the top corner has a small vellum piece with the hyde park corner ticket cut out from the other sheet & glued to the inside of the vellum & another ticket on the outside of the vellum.
5. Vanilla image on M544-7: This was my first one done. The image is foam mounted on vanilla cardstock & then on black with the same vanilla behind it; 2 thin scraps of black card were added to the side & top of the middle papers to make it appear more papers in the stack. The top has a clip & a memo pin. There is also a scrap of vanilla card inserted above the clip. A stamp in the top corner cut from the other sheet was foam mounted; another ephemera was foam mounted & curled & distressed, a clip added; a curled old piece of paper was inserted behind this ephemera.
6. D&E images on M544-5: A piece of jute twine was tied from the back to each side of the front of the book image & purposely kept large & messy; the D & E images were cut from the other sheet & foam mounted on top of the image. All were foam mounted on black card & then attached to a sheet from an old dictionary with the word ‘embellishment’ at the top left corner.
I also used frames on all - took out the glass so that they looked like shadow boxes.
There are so many uses for these images - just think how you could use them.
Bye for now
Link to video on YT
Link to the Collection on my Etsy Shop: