I saw that Prima had some embellished tassels in their product line so I decided to do one.
I took this beautiful tassel to another level & another genre to do artistic things with.
|Dusty Pink Tassels - code ft68|
1. Unravel the binding & tie a knot in the loose threads so that the bead does not fall off. I used 1 tassel - you could use more.
2. I glued the large pink bead (from my stash) onto the top of the loose threads. A large pearl would also look fab.
3. The added the pink ribbon bow with a velvet flower - Pink Carabella Roses posy.
4. The Paper Butterfly: before you do anything with it glue some wire to its back horizontally so that the butterfly can fly. I used wire from the stem of a paper flower cut to just a little smaller than the width of the butterfly. Let it dry before going further. I did not do this &, as a result, the painting & decorating of the butterfly suffered.
5. Spray or paint the butterfly - I used Dusty Pink acrylic paint & then added Platinum Stickles that I rubbed on with my finger. You could use glitter, flitter flakes or any other product that suits you. Distress ink could also be used.
6. Add some pearls or small beads to the antennae & the body.
7. When everything is dry you can attach the butterfly & bend the wings up to fly.
8. I also added a tiny key chain - not sure why!
9. A shabby chic project must have some lace - I used the new Flower lace & cut it apart lengthwise & just added it to the tails.
Of course you could do something simpler but I think this is probably one of the ultimate shabby chic embellishments.
Hope I have inspired you
Bye for now