30 October, 2014
28 October, 2014
So let's see..
I made a lot of photos with detailes, so you can see the video presentation of my Mystery book.
and the video
List of materials available from Meg's Garden
I KROPKA chipbord
26 October, 2014
Irit is here and this is my second project made with new Meg's Garden most gorgeous Sherlock new mini book kit.
This is the frist in Meg's Garden new poroduct line of exiting mini book kits.
The papers are designed by Kerry-Jean Watson and it's available in download printable version and in printed version I used here.
As you may understand from this collection's name it's mostly vintage and even masculine line of papers.
But then who says you can't make a girly mini album with the very same papers? Not me!
And as I already challenged myself to make a girly mini album, I challenged myself second time to make it about myself.
As a fact: I am the most non photogenic person on the Earth. I maybe have 5 good photos in the last 10 years. But then why not to give it a try? So I picked 5 pretty recent photos from our trip to Cyprus and made 5 paged acrylic mini album ALL ABOUT ME.
Making acrylic album was the third self challenge: the papers are single sided and you need to cover the ugly white with the same size of paper on the back. Then you want to see something clear and maybe even to see layers of photos. And the best possible glue for acrylic pages is not the best " non seen" one.
So here is an overall look of my album:
I made some textured paste swirls over the clear spaces left after I made a cluster of Sherlock's tag on my cover. I added a flowers cluster on the corner, some metal trinkets and a chipboard title covered with red embossing powder.
The inside of the cover page has this envelope pocket that it good for anything you want to keep inside: ephemera or just your thoughts.
I added the trim to cover the " ugly white" left from the cover paper cluster and added a doily and a transparent clock just for the interest.
The first page has this very small photo glued from the back side of this page and covered with a small paper circle on the front.
Again, this is the back of this page and it was made to cover the white side of the previous paper. I made my only journalling over this page.
The next page has the back glued photo and the front paper frame .
The back of this third page is a classic paper- border- photo- embellishment page.
This forth page is the most " clear" one and I wanted it to stay this way. And this is how it looks with the next, fifth page on the back.
This is how the third, previous page, looks from the forth back...
Th last , fifth page , from the front side
The back cover has another envelope for more " memories" to keep.
Products used from Meg's Garden
Meg's Garden products:
Sherlock mini book kit
Chain Tim Holtz
Chipboard title- A2Z Scraplets
Ribbon with pearls, pearls- Prima
Mask- Tando Creative
Embossing powder, texture paste
24 October, 2014
Who doesn't want to make their own books?
What makes this even better is that they can come in both a downloaded and printable version.
As soon as I got them into my hands, I just had to play.
The papers are gorgeous and were so much fun to play with.
22 October, 2014
Here in the centre of the book is my beautiful grandmother Rosemary Furlong Jones. I had to add this familiar photo in too!! To decorate these pages I used the Ivory Small Roses and a 10 cm Paper Doily and more vintage cut outs from the The Sherlock Book Kit by Watson and metal flower from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set.
The next page is a photo of my grandmother a little older with her three younger sisters and...a goat...not sure about this one, didn't get a story to go along with this!!. I used some photo corners, a metal filigree and the white flower from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set and many many vintage cut outs.
21 October, 2014
The French Garden Collection:
- 6 papers 12x12" with 4x12" strips plus a 12x12" cut & create ephemera page designed specifically for The French Garden
- these same 6 papers reduced to 145mm - 2 of each design in a Mini Paper Pack
- the second Mini Book Kit also uses most of the French Garden Collection papers. This fabulous Kit is available from Meg's Garden as either a printed version or a digital download that you can print for yourself.
The Christmas Shop is Open
- 12x12" with 4x12" strips in Christmas themes & colours
- Christmas images to cut & create in A4 papers, 12x12" papers - ideal for tags, cards & other papercraft projects
- microscope slide papers with Vintage Santas in paper & transparency, Vintage ladies, Flowers, Oriental & Vintage French to create some exciting projects & gifts
- Christmas cones in Vintage style or in Christmas reds & greens - perfect for gift inserts, decos for the tree or mantle or for Kris Kringles; decorate simply or over the top
- there are 4 different collections in the mini packs to choose from for Cards & other projects requiring 145mm papers
- for quick & easy cards, an embellishment to a papercraft project, have a look at these fab stamps on sale - gorgeous on dark cardstock with embossing powder
20 October, 2014
Sherlock Papers Kerry-Jean Watson