Hi BloggersThere are so many times when we have a beautiful little gift that requires an especially beautiful little box for it. Shell created this little box for a special Pandora bead & also showed us how to make our own.
Shell explains: 'Today I'm sharing a tutorial on how
to create a cute little gift box. The size is perfect for filling with choccies
or for jewellery.
I have made this for my MIL so I can
put a Pandora bead in it for her! I wanted a shabby chic girly theme so I have
chosen Le Belle Jardin Collection With its beautiful peach/pink colours
Here is what it will look like
To make this you will need:
X2 sheets pattern paper
organza lace motif
1. Cut cardstock 10"X 7.5"
2. Score along the 10" line at
3. Score along 71/2" side at 2 1/2" & 5"
4. Cut along the second score line along the 10" side to the first score line in the middle. Then cut along to the 1 1/4" line & the other way to the 3 3/4" line. Repeat this at all corners then cut inner corners of the small flaps as shown in picture
5. Place some double sided tape on the small flaps & 2 large flaps (only on one side of box). See where I have marked in pink for tape placement
6. Fold box ends & stick down
7. Fold both sets of inner flaps. Keep the tape on the inside & stick to form inner box
8. Fold up the sides to form the box
9. Time to decorate
X6 pieces 1 1/8"X 2 3/8"
X4 pieces 2 3/8" X 2 3/8"
Ink the edges
Stick to outside of box
Attach lace & ribbon as desired. Just make sure you do not cover the opening with it
10. Cut a strip 1"X11" & wrap it around the box. Make sure it is loose enough to slip on & off then attach the ends with tape
Decorate the band with ribbon, flowers & lace motif
Meg's Garden products used
Le Belle Jardin- Eau de Cologne P6293
Cream Lace P6240
Princess Flower MH003
Light pink & pink ribbon R609
Organza Lace Flower Lace 1
Other Products used
versa colour ink pinecone, white cardstock